เจ้าของร้านอาหาร ที่ตึก ออลซีซั่น ถนนวิทยุ ได้โพสต์ข้อความแจ้งต่อสาธารณะว่า เธอติดเชื้อโควิด-19 ทำให้มีผู้เข้าไปแสดงความเห็นชื่นชมจำนวนมากที่ไม่ปกปิดข้อมูลและร่วมกันเฝ้าระวัง
ทั้งนี้เธอ ระบุว่า ติดเชื้อโควิด-19 มีอาการ เลยไปตรวจพบเชื้อที่ รพ.กรุงเทพคริสเตียน ตอนนี้ ย้ายไปกักตัวที่รพ.รัฐฯ อีกแห่งหนึ่ง เพื่อรอผลตรวจซ้ำ
แต่ด้วยความถูกต้อง เห็นว่าควรแจ้งประชาชนทุกคน จึงโพสต์เฟซบุ๊กแถลงเอง
My name is Jay and I’m owner of Ohana Poké. I am writing this post because it’s the right thing to do and I want to allay your concerns in the most effective manner.
I was told this morning, I tested positive for COVID-19 at Bangkok Christian Hospital. I’m now being held at the official government quarantine hospital, awaiting the confirmation of my status.
The first thing I did this morning, after testing positive by BCH, was to call my Manager to close the shop and immediately inform All Seasons Place. Because your safety - my customers, my suppliers and my staff is my top priority. Although technically I have to wait for the official confirmation from my current hospital, the responsible thing to do is to keep everyone away from any place that I visit regularly. At this time of writing, I’m still waiting for my confirmation at the official quarantine hospital.
I would love to reply to all your messages one by one, but it has been an extremely long day of uncertainty, from being moved around, to constant questioning, lack of sleep and feeling dazed from the medication and fever. In addition to all the calls from all the departments, contacting those I have close contact with, battling emotions with my own family and loved ones. Plus the treatment, my lack in the grasps of the Thai language and co-ordinating with ASP to provide a truthful, honest and prompt update made it a taxing day. But I owe it to you to provide an honest and open update. And only now I feel just about coherent enough to put a message together.
1. I did not go to my shop after Friday, 6 March. I was there on Friday for 2 hours. I don’t usually go to shop on the weekends in any case. But on Friday I had absolutely no symptoms.
2. I did not have any symptoms until Sunday early morning. Even on Sunday, all I had was some chills and a body ache but I did not have a fever. No runny nose, no cough, no fever, no headache. I tested myself the entire Sunday with 2 thermometers and it didn’t register a fever.
3. I stayed mainly at home on Sunday. Because I had some light symptoms although no fever. Bought thermometer and food at the corner pharmacy and 7-11. Did not use public transport. Did not go out.
4. I went straight to hospital on Monday, 9 March late morning. Again, I reinforce, I did not go to my shop.
5. I had my first fever on Monday midnight at the Bangkok Christian Hospital and I subsequently tested positive for COVID-19 at Bangkok Christian Hospital this morning, 10 March 2020.
6. After informing my loved ones, I told my supervisors to immediately close the shop and work with ASP on the necessary steps.
7. Everybody was caught unaware and things moved very quickly and non-stop from then on.
1. There are rumours about that I’ve been to Korea or I’m Korean.
2. Hence, I’m attaching my passport and boarding pass back to Bangkok, Thailand here.
3. The entry stamp is 2 Feb 2020. You can see it on the bottom left corner. It has been more than 1 month since I have been back to Bangkok. If 14-days is the maximum incubation/infection period, I mostly likely caught it locally in Bangkok, Thailand.
4. Those who are spreading rumours, please stop. Spreading rumours and fear mongering during this extraordinarily testing times is just not right and is wicked. Be socially responsible, speak the truth and be factual.
5. I will continue to post (if I am able to) honestly and openly here. No sugar coating, just necessary updates. I will post again once I have been confirmed or unconfirmed.
1. All of my staff went to Chulalongkorn Hospital today. They had no symptoms and no fever. The doctor send them home for 14-days self-quarantine.
2. We sanitize our shop regularly everyday.
3. We provide hand-sanitisers in the shop for free.
4. We also provided free mask in the shop for a while.
5. The food is prepared entirely by my staff. They are all under quarantine and are not showing any symptoms currently.
6. The whole shop will be sanitized this evening. I have been told the building too as a precautionary measure.
7. Our shop will be close until further notice. We are trying to deactivate all the online ordering sites. Rest assured that we are not open for business both online and offline until further notice.
I’m so so so sorry to have caused all of you so much worry. It hurts me deeply as it is you, our regulars, our customers, our Ohana that kept us going since our birth. I’m also very sorry we couldn’t get a more co-ordinated message out because it’s been an extremely long day trying to understand and co-ordinate everything. If it is required I will post further updates in an honest and open fashion.
Lastly, a big thank you for the super healthcare staff at BCH and my current hospital for providing me with immaculate care. You guys are the true angels of this world, putting yourselves on the frontline every single day. I wish everybody good health and collectively as one, we will defeat this virus.
I will try to get an update in Thai